The experienced surgeons at St. Bernards perform more than 14,000 cases annually in general surgery and the specialty areas of Orthopedics, Neurology, Urology, Cardiovascular, Gynecology and Otolaryngology.
To minimize pain, recovery time and the risk of infection, our surgeons perform many procedures using endoscopic and laparoscopic surgery methods, with small viewing scopes and instruments passed through small incisions or natural body openings.
The Surgery Department features 12 surgical suites and four outpatient suites, including a hybrid operating room—the first of its kind in Northeast Arkansas. This state-of-the-art operating room combines cutting-edge surgical technology with the most sophisticated imaging capabilities. It’s the safest environment for complex procedures—and St. Bernards has it.
Furthering our commitment to innovation, St. Bernards surgeons utilize the latest technology in the operating room, such as the Stryker Navigation System. This computer-assisted navigation system improves accuracy in intricate surgeries by creating three-dimensional computer images of patient anatomy, displaying detailed images on a computer screen right in the operating room.
General and Laparoscopic Surgery
- Amputations and trauma
- Breast cancer
- Colon cancer
- Chron's disease
- GI hemorrhage
- Intestinal obstruction
- Moles and lipomas
- Peptic ulcer
- Stomach cancer
- Esophagus cancer and disease
- Gastric Sleeve
- Lung cancer and disease
- Plerural Fluid
Robotic (daVinci Surgery)
- Esophageal Reflux
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Thoracic - Lung Biopsies & Resections
The New Hybrid OR
The first of its kind in Northeast Arkansas, our state-of-the-art hybrid operating room combines cutting- edge surgical technology with the most sophisticated imaging capabilities. It’s the safest environment for complex procedures—and St. Bernards has it.
- Minimally Invasive: In a hybrid OR, we can offer faster, safer, less invasive treatment. That means shorter hospital stays, quicker recovery times and reduced rehabilitation needs.
- Safety: A hybrid OR allows for multiple procedures to be completed in one room. If complications or emergencies arise, the patient can be treated immediately, in the same place, without being rushed to another specialized room. Hybrid ORs also result in less exposure to radiation.
- Flexibility: If needed, a conventional surgery and an image-guided procedure can be scheduled in the hybrid OR. In the past, these procedures were done in two locations—one in the interventional radiology suite and one in a conventional operating room. Now they can be completed in one surgical event.
- Efficiency: With a hybrid OR, vascular surgeons can execute many procedures, including endovascular aneurysm repair, peripheral vascular cases, pacemaker laser-lead ablations/removals and other vascular procedures that were previously unable to be completed in one setting.
We want patients to recover in the comfort of their own home, when it’s safe and appropriate. If you and your physician decide an outpatient procedure is best for you, you can depend on our well-qualified staff of St. Bernards One-Day Surgery Center.
Located on the third floor of the St. Bernards Medical Center, the One-Day Surgery Center provides a convenient, safe, low-cost alternative to inpatient hospitalization for many surgeries. Patients undergo their procedure and are released later the same day to begin their recovery process.