Excellence in care paired with experienced surgeons make St. Bernards a leader in surgical services. Annually the surgeons at St. Bernards perform more than 14,000 surgical cases ranging from general surgery to specialty areas of Orthopedics, Neurology, Urology, Cardiovascular, Gynecology, and Otolaryngology.
Patient care and recovery are top priorities for our surgical teams at St. Bernards. The surgical department is also committed to excellence and innovation. Our facility features 12 surgical suites, four outpatient suites, and a hybrid operating room. Our skilled surgeons combine cutting-edge surgical technology and utilize the most sophisticated imaging capabilities in this first-of-its-kind operating room - in Northeast Arkansas. This allows St. Bernards surgeons and patients peace of mind knowing that complex procedures are performed in the safest environment. Our patents and surgeons benefit from the hybrid OR as follows:
- Minimally Invasive: In the hybrid OR, we offer faster, safer, less invasive treatment. That means shorter hospital stays, quicker recovery times, and reduced rehabilitation needs.
- Safety: A hybrid OR allows multiple procedures to be completed in one room. If complications or emergencies arise, the patient can be treated immediately, in the same place, without being rushed to another specialized room. Hybrid ORs also result in less exposure to radiation.
- Flexibility: If needed, conventional surgery and an image-guided procedure can be scheduled in the hybrid OR. In the past, these procedures were done in two locations—one in the interventional radiology suite and one in a conventional operating room. Now they can be completed in one surgical event.
- Efficiency: With a hybrid OR, vascular surgeons can execute many procedures, including endovascular aneurysm repair, peripheral vascular cases, pacemaker laser-lead ablations/removals, and other vascular procedures that were previously unable to be completed in one setting.
Our further dedication to providing patients with outstanding care and innovation allows our surgeons to utilize the latest technology in the operating room. Surgeons at St. Bernards perform the latest surgical techniques and are skilled in using new and innovative technologies, including those used in minimally invasive procedures. This is why we are proud to be the first hospital in the state of Arkansas to have a fully integrated operating room with the brand new Stryker Surgical Technologies system. This 4K Platform is a minimally invasive surgical device that provides our surgeons with superior visualization and advanced imaging, displaying detailed images on a computer screen right in the operating room.
For those surgeries that do not require overnight stay at the hospital, St. Bernards is proud to offer one-day surgery—located on the first floor of the St. Bernards Surgical and Intensive Care Tower. Patent recovery and comfort are at the forefront of our physician's minds. In procedures that allow our patients to recover at home, our skilled physicians utilize St. Bernards One-Day Surgery center. Patients recovering in the comfort of their own homes is ideal with it is safe and appropriate. The One-Day Surgery Center at St. Bernards offers a convenient, safe, low-cost alternative to hospitalization for many surgeries.
General and Laparoscopic Surgery
- Amputations and trauma
- Breast cancer
- Colon cancer
- Crohn's disease
- GI hemorrhage
- Intestinal obstruction
- Moles and lipomas
- Peptic ulcer
- Stomach Cancer
- Esophagus cancer and disease
- Gastric Sleeve
- Lung cancer and disease
- Plerural Fluid
Robotic (DaVinci Surgery)
- Esophageal Reflux
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Thoracic - Lung Biopsies & Resections