When children experience neurological problems—those involving the brain, spinal cord, nerves, muscles and blood vessels—they need specialized treatment that can greatly differ from what adults receive.
St. Bernards Medical Group pediatric neurologist, Dr. Stephen Bates, focuses solely on the specialized needs of children. He is trained to evaluate and treat newborns, infants, children and teen with nervous system diseases and disorders.
Conditions treated include:
- Head injury
- Motor, cognitive or language skill deficiencies
- Intellectual disabilities
- Neuromuscular diseases (Muscular Dystrophy, Myasthenia Gravis, Peripheral Neuropathy)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Movement disorders (Cerebral Palsy, Spasticity, Tic disorders)
- Neurocutanous diseases (Tuberous Sclerosis, Neurofibromatosis)
- Mitochondrial disorders
- Metabolic disorders
For more information, please call Arkansas Children’s Jonesboro Clinic at 870.336.2175.