Neuropsychology examines how you think, learn, comprehend, move and behave to determine whether your brain is functioning correctly or if you have a brain-based disorder or disability affecting your behaviors. Our neuropsychologist performs an in-depth comprehensive evaluation of each region of your brain and uses that information to analyze your brain functions.
The evaluation examines:
- Attention and concentration
- Language and reading skills
- Motor skills
- Social skills
- Emotional and personality development
- This information is used in combination with a patient’s genetic, developmental and environmental history to develop an individualized plan that may include therapy, treatments, educational assistance and medications.
Neuropsychology is used to treat:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder
- Learning disabilities
- Brain injury
- Social skill difficulties
- Neurological Disorders
For more information, please call St. Bernards Healthline at 870.207.7300.