What is InterStim Therapy?
Interstim therapy, also known as sacral nerve stimulation, is a minimally invasive treatment for bladder and bowel control problems. It involves placing a small device, similar to a pacemaker, under the skin near the sacral nerve in the lower back. The device sends electrical impulses to the sacral nerve, which controls the bladder and bowel muscles, to help regulate their function. This can improve symptoms such as urinary and fecal incontinence, overactive bladder, and chronic constipation. The therapy is typically done in stages, with a trial period to determine if it is effective before a permanent device is implanted.
When lifestyle changes and medications fail, Medtronic bladder control therapy delivered by the InterStim systems can help. This therapy is simple and discreet, and it delivers the kind of relief that lets you enjoy the activities you love without a second thought.
- Targets the nerves that control your bladder to help it function normally again
- 85% of people using the InterStim systems achieved success in the ﬁrst year
- The success rate for InterStim is three times greater than treatment with traditional medicines for incontinence
- Lets you see if it works before you and your doctor decide
- Allows you to get full-body MRI scans if you need them
- Hundreds of thousands of people have experienced relief with this safe, FDA-approved and minimally invasive therapy
To learn more about this treatment, call 870.207.2926 or request an appointment online here.