St. Bernards Health & Wellness will be hosting a variety of fundraising events throughout the month of April in honor of National Parkinson’s Month.
All proceeds from these events will benefit the St. Bernards Rock Steady Boxing program, which gives those living with Parkinson’s hope by offering a non-contact, boxing-inspired fitness routine proven to dramatically improve their quality of life.
Parkinson’s is a progressive disorder of the nervous system that affects the ability to walk, talk, balance, and move. Recent medical studies, including one at the Cleveland Clinic, focus on intense “forced” exercise and indicate that certain types of exercise can exert a neuroprotective influence and may actually slow the progression of the chronic, incurable disease.
- Pedaling for Parkinson's Glow Spin Class with Emma – Thursday, April 4, 5:30 p.m.
- Friday Night Fights Boxing & Kickboxing with Key, Leslie, and Bonnie – Friday, April 5, 6:00 p.m.
- Parkinson’s Shakedown Glow Zumba with Nancy, Natasha, DeDe – Saturday, April 6, 10:30 a.m.
- Boxer's Brunch Potluck for Rock Steady Boxing Members and Family – Friday, April 12, 11:30 a.m. (Also at this event: Pie for Parkinson’s, where participants can donate to throw a pie in the face of the Rock Steady Boxing instructors)
- Friday Night Fights Boxing & Kickboxing with Key, Leslie, and Bonnie – Friday, April 19, 6:00 p.m.
- Patience for Parkinson's Yoga Class with Liz and Bethany – Saturday, April 20, 10:00 a.m.
- Operation Beat Parkinson's: Bootcamp Edition – Saturday, April 27, 12:00 p.m.
“As a true medical wellness facility, we strive to offer programs aimed at keeping the body healthy, no matter what stage of life or diagnosis someone might face,” said Paul Pickens, director of St. Bernards Health & Wellness. “We have personally seen Parkinson’s patients make incredible progress in regards to balance, rigidity and motion, and we are excited to continue those efforts.”
For additional information about Rock Steady Boxing at St. Bernards, please visit stbernardswellness.com.