Independent living at St. Bernards Village is just that—independent living.
All the benefits of being in your own home, without the worry of maintenance, daily chores, or cooking, unless you want to. You’ll be free to visit friends, travel, or be as active as you care to be, all with the peace of mind knowing someone is close, just in case you need help. Enjoy independent living in one of our spacious one- and two-bedroom apartments, each with a full kitchen, living room, large bathroom, closets and pantry. Select an apartment with a porch or balcony if you want your own access to outdoors, or use one of the numerous common areas which provide fresh air, sunshine, seating, and glorious views of the gardens.
Services and Amenities
One of the most common comments from residents is “I regret that I didn’t move here sooner.” Visit us, and you’ll understand. One affordable monthly fee covers your apartment rental and includes the following services and amenities:
- Daily meals including breakfast plus one other, your choice.
- Light housekeeping weekly (i.e. dusting, vacuuming, trash removal, linen changes)
- Maintenance of apartment and furnished appliances
- Daily social, recreational, and religious activities
- Transportation to scheduled medical appointments, and other outings sponsored by St. Bernards Village
- Utilities paid, including cable TV
- Individually controlled heat and air conditioning
- Fire safety and Emergency call system in each residence
- Tornado safe zones
- Pet friendly
- Fully equipped kitchen including a range, garbage disposal, and frost-free refrigerator
- Staff or Security personnel on-site 24 hours per day
- Beautifully decorated common areas, and park-like outdoor landscaping
- Dedicated Chapel
- Library and reading nooks
- Business Services (copier, scanner, fax, computer, and Notary Public)
- Ice Cream Parlor/Coffee Shop
- Country Store
- Barber/Beauty Salons
- Smoke-free facility
Cottage Homes at St. Bernards
Tucked away on the scenic campus of St. Bernards Village, lies a neighborhood of lovely cottage homes. In the Cottage Homes, you’ll find the right combination of personal living space and social opportunities for a comfortable and gracious retirement. This attractive lifestyle allows you to own a home, but frees you from the daily chores of maintaining a lawn. And at St. Bernards Village you’ll find the security of a caring and supportive community. Each cottage home features two- or three-bedrooms, two full baths, attached garage, and private patio. Only 37 units will make up our community. Owners are free to sell them on the real estate market, and anyone can own them, as long as the head-of-household living in the unit is at least age 55. Owners are responsible for property taxes, insuring their contents/liability, and a monthly condominium fee. The fee covers all exterior maintenance (from the studs out), lawn care, annual termite contract, and insurance on the structure. Residents of the cottage homes are welcome to purchase meals, or take part in activities, and services available at the main building.