The hospital in Wynne was originally opened in 1952 as Cross County Hospital and operated as a county hospital until July 1, 1999 when St. Bernards Healthcare entered into a thirty five-year lease agreement to operate the hospital. To reflect the new management and broader service area, the name was changed to CrossRidge Community Hospital.
Since that time, St. Bernards has upgraded virtually all of the equipment in the Crossridge Community Hospital including the following: CT scanner, MRI, patient monitoring equipment, digital mammography, radiographic and fluoroscopic room, surgical equipment, phone system and computer system. The facility itself has also been substantially improved by the replacement of the parking lot, landscaping of the grounds, installation of an interior sprinkler system and renovation of physical therapy, patient registration, pharmacy, radiology, inpatient area, dialysis, emergency room and laboratory.
The active medical staff includes six family practice physicians and one pediatrician. Additionally, there are regularly scheduled specialty clinics for orthopedics, gastroenterology, cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, nephrology and pulmonology.
CrossRidge has benefited from extremely strong community support as evidenced by the passage of a one-cent sales tax that supports key hospital services in 2000 with overwhelming renewal every four years since.