St. Bernards Intensivist Program
The Intensivist Program at St. Bernards provides care for patients who are being treated in the Intensive Care Unit.
National statistics show that patients in hospitals with an intensivist program have improved outcomes and shorter hospital stays. With an increasing number of treatment options available, managing critically ill patients is a complex process. Intensivists are an added resource for physicians.
Intensivists are a key component to critical care. They provide leadership to the members of the critical care team while treating patients with continuous and consistent care.
Intensivists provide continuous clinical assessments and are able to address subtle changes to a patient’s clinical conditions early.
- Coordinate the patient’s overall care provided by a multidisciplinary team of nurses, specialists and others.
- Address subtle changes in conditions early and proactively.
- Are available at all times, ensuring a high level of quality care.
Benefits associated with the use of an intensivist:
- Improved outcomes
- Reduced ICU length of stay
- Fewer clinical and procedural complications
- Reduced costs per case
- Fewer adverse events
- Improved patient, family, private physician and staff satisfaction
- Focus on patient safety
- Improved morbidity and mortality
- Decrease in ventilator days and complications
- Decrease in hospital acquired infection
- Appropriate placement of patients in the correct level of care
Click here to find out more about our Intensivist Program
Click here for a list of our Intensivist Physicians