The St. Bernards Hemodialysis Center was established in 1978 for the purpose of providing a regimen of treatment which will meet the specific needs of patients with both acute and chronic renal failure problems.
Facilities and Staff
- St. Bernards is one of few Arkansas hospitals to offer hemodialysis to kidney disease patients.
- Patients receive individualized education based on specific needs.
- The unit presently has 20 dialysis stations, plus two isolation rooms available.
- Dialysis is provided in outpatient, inpatient and home settings.
- The unit has one social worker and dietician available.
- Specially-trained nurses who have received intensive training in dialysis techniques staff the dialysis unit.
- Dr. Clinton Edwards, Nephrologist, serves as Medical Director for the unit.
- A unit is also available at CrossRidge Community Hospital in Wynne.
Patient and Contact Information
- The Jonesboro Dialysis Unit is located at 540 E. Washington and may be reached by calling 870-972-4477.
- After hours, call the hospital operator at 870-207-4100 and ask for the dialysis nurse on call.
- Patients accepted for chronic hemodialysis treatment will be offered assistance in applying for all private, state and federal benefits through the Social Services Department at St. Bernards.